Friends of the Highland County Dog Pound lists available dogs and puppies as of Nov. 13
Top row, l-r: Ripley, Gabby, Champ; center, l-r: Sabastian, Hank, Chester; bottom, l-r: Riley, Tiny, Oatis. (Submitted photos)
The Highland County Dog Pound has the following dogs available for adoption or rescue pulls as of Nov. 13, listed courtesy of the Friends of the Highland County Dog Pound.
Pull transport date is Nov. 16.
(1) Ripley: Ripley is a 4-year-old Boxer mix that weighs 58 lbs. He came to us as a stray that was never claimed. He has been fine with other dogs. He seems to have a very silly but loving personality.
(2) Gabby: Gabby is a mixed breed dog, and she weighs 60 lbs. She is very loving and gets so excited to see you she wants to jump and give you kisses. She is good with other dogs. Please ask us how our volunteers will help you with the cost for spaying Gabby at your vet clinic.
(3) Champ: Champ is a pit mix, and boy is he strong, and he weighs 48 lbs. He is a very pretty tan color with white on his chest. We don’t know what Champ had to go through before he came to the shelter but we do know that he is not OK with any dogs and would be good for a home where he was the only dog.
(4) Sabastian: We think Sabastian is a Jack Russell mixed with some boxer. We don’t think he will get any bigger than what he is, he weighs 35 lbs. We are estimating him to be around 10 months old. He is fine with other dogs. He was a little tired out here. He is a shy guy.
(5) Hank: Hank was owner-surrendered, and we think he is a boxer mix. He weighs 78 lbs. He is very loving to people, but he is not good with SMALL dogs. With larger dogs, he would be fine.
(6) Chester: Chester is approximately 3 years old. Chester is a 57 lb. pit bull who is OK with other dogs.
(7) Riley: Riley is a Jack Russell terrier and boxer mix who weighs 35 pounds. He is a good boy who loves our attention. Riley does have his tail docked. It was like that when we got him and his 6 siblings in. He is fine with other dogs.
(8) Tiny: Tiny was brought to us as a stray and is an adult male mixed-breed dog. Tiny weighs 26 pounds and is not neutered. Good-looking guy. Tiny is good with other dogs.
(9) Oatis: Oatis is a sweet pit mix who is approximately 2-3 years old and he weighs 42 pounds. He seems to do fine with other dogs as he does not really pay attention to them.
(10) Terry: We are not sure what breed he is other than he is some kind of wire-haired terrier mix. He is very loving to people, but when it comes to dogs he might stand and make a growling noise. We think Terry is about 5-6 years old, and he weighs 35 lbs. He was so very calm when the volunteers removed the briers covering his face and head. Cute guy.
(11) Jade: Jade is one of a kind with her beautiful one brown and one bright blue eye. She is a German shepherd/husky mix who is estimated at 1-2 years old and weighs 53 lbs. From what we can tell, Jade does not like other dogs.
(12) Freddy: Freddy is an estimated 2-year-old lab mix that came to us as a stray. Freddy weighs 55 pounds. He seems to be fine with other dogs. He would benefit from spending some time walking on a leash. He is very vocal when you are petting him, but he loves the attention.
(13) Bella: Bella is around 3 years old and weighs 52 lbs. She is a very sweet girl who desperately needs to find someone to love her as she is not doing the greatest in a kennel environment. Bella is very depressed being in a kennel. We are letting her out as much as possible, and that seems to make her a little more happy.
(14) Blackie: Blackie was a stray and when he came in he had what they call a cherry eye. The vets gave him eye drops to maybe help but they said he is not in pain and is just blind in that eye. Blackie weighs 56 pounds. He is a very sweet boy. He has been good with the other dogs here.
(15) Pepper: Pepper is a female heeler mix who is around 1 year old and she weighs 20lbs. She came to us as a stray. She is energetic, and she loves people and any attention that she gets. She has been fine with other dogs.
(16) Mia: Mia is a 1-year-old mixed breed, and she has a ton of energy. She does fine with other dogs. Mia weighs 33 lbs.
(17) Winston #2: Winston is approximately 4 years old, and he weighs 48 lbs. He is a pit bull. He does great with other dogs and has a ton of energy.
(18) Knox: Knox is around 6 months old and weighs around 16 lbs. Knox is also very vocal and just wants everyone's attention to be on him. He is fine with other dogs as he wants to play with everyone, but he may be a little too much for small kids.
(19) Winston: We think Winston might be a Lab mix. He is about 1-2 years old and weighs 46 lbs. He definitely has a lot of energy but is a sweet boy who loves people. He appears to be fine with other dogs.
(20) Maddie: Maddie came to us as an owner surrender due to her starting fights with their female dog, although the owner did say she does fine with their Great Dane. Maddie is 4 years old and is listed as a pit/Doberman mix and she weighs 44 pounds. Owner said Maddie is spayed, and she has been around cats and kids and loves car rides. Maddie has had to have surgery on her legs from that fight, and she lost a tooth also.
(21) Toby: Toby came to us as a stray. He is about 6 years old and weighs 31lbs. He is vocal but seems to be a good boy. He seems to be fine with dogs. Toby's old owners must have docked his tail because he only has about half of his tail left.
(22) Target: Target is a bull terrier who is about 2 years old and weighs about 35 lbs. Target is one of the sweetest dogs ever. He has gotten along with all the dogs he's come in contact with and is especially good with people; within 10 seconds he will be your best friend. Target has been here before and then was adopted out, then dumped him off on the side of the road, and now he is back at the pound. If you can find it in your heart to give this loving boy a forever home, you won't regret it. He definitely deserves it after all he's been through.
(23) Stella: Stella is a pit bull around 4 years old, and she weighs 50 lbs. She is a sweetheart and loves attention. Stella does great with other dogs.
(24) Panther: Panther is a 52 lb. pit bull around the age of 3. He does great with other dogs and has a great personality.
(25) King: King is a 44 lb. pit bull between 1-2 years old. He does great with other dogs. He is a very sweet dog that loves attention.
(26) Ace: Ace is a 3-year-old tall German Shepherd who weighs 85 pounds. He is good with large dogs but not good with cats.
(27) Christine: Christine is a 1-year-old mixed breed that weighs 30 lbs. She is very sweet and does well with other dogs, cats and kids.
(28) Winifred: Winifred was a stray that went unclaimed. She is a mixed breed that weighs 58 lbs. We believe she is 3-4 years old. She does good with other dogs. Winifred is a sweetheart that just wants to cuddle up to you and get attention.
(29) Arizona: Arizona is a 3-year-old pit that weighs 47 lbs. She came to us as a stray that was never claimed. She seems to be fine around other dogs.
(30) Dallas: Dallas came to us as an owner surrender due to her not getting along with the chihuahua (or could it have been the other way around) in the home. The previous owner says Dallas is a beagle/terrier mix who is 2 years old. She has never been around cats, but the previous owner said she does OK around other dogs. Dallas weighs 20 lbs.
(31) Rocky: Rocky was brought in as an owner surrender. Rocky is a full blooded Miniature Pinscher male who is 2 years old and he weighs 17 lbs. Rocky is neutered. His previous owner said he has never been around cats or children, so we don't know how he would react to them, but he is fine with other small dogs. The previous owner said he can be anxious when meeting and is very friendly after he gets to know you.
(32) Rosado: Rosado is a Dalmatian mix who is estimated at 4-5 years old and weighs 40 lbs. He has a goofy personality and has been fine with other dogs.
(33) Biscuit: Meet Biscuit, Biscuit is a mixed breed who weighs 45 lbs and is estimated at 1-2 years old. He can be a shy kind of guy.
(34) Chopper: Chopper is a male Heeler mix who weighs 40 lbs. Chopper came to us as an owner surrender. The previous owner says chopper has never been around cats and would do better in a home with older children. Chopper was never around any other dogs. He likes to play catch.
If you are interested in any of these dogs/puppies from the Highland County Dog Pound, please contact us at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
To pull a dog or puppy you must be an approved rescue. Please contact us at the same email as stated above for information on getting approved.
At this time, pull fees are being covered for all pulled dogs by donations from Friends Of The Highland County Dog Pound:
• $10 per adult, $20 per litter. $5 vaccine charge for each dog.
• Pull fees MUST be paid before transport or the dog will not be sent.
• Please PayPal pull fees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please PayPal vaccine fees to: email@example.com.
• We can take dogs to the vet as long as a credit card has been called in. If you would like us to vet a dog, please contact for further information.
• Heartworm tests can be done if asked for, but we must have rescue commitment before hand, and credit card has been called in as above for general vetting.
• Dogs are vaccinated for parvo and distemper upon intake and boosted.
We do our best to test the dogs in our care and learn all we can about them, but cannot guarantee temperament or health. Many of the dogs we have came in as strays with unknown histories. We cannot guarantee we will have people available to transport or take dogs to the vet, but will always make every effort to contact you if there is a problem.
Follow Friends of the Highland County Dog Pound on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/friendsofthehighlandcountydogpound.
Follow the Highland County Dog Warden at https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090788996457.