Paint Valley ADAMH’s 5th annual Recovery Celebration honors 7 individuals for community contributions
The Paint Valley Alcohol, Drug Addiction, and Mental Health (ADAMH) Services Board is pleased to announce the recipients of this year’s Recovery Celebration awards which were presented during the fifth annual celebration Thursday, Sept. 14 at Bell Manor in Chillicothe.
“The Paint Valley ADAMH Board is pleased to honor those who are making a difference in our system of care. Treatment works. People recover, and recovery is beautiful,” said Paint Valley ADAMH Board Chair Phyllis Amlin-Snyder.
Awards were presented to the following individuals:
• Chillicothe Police Officer Chris Claytor - Crisis Intervention Advocate
• Mary Preston - Mental Health Advocate
• Genna Scott - Substance Use Disorder Advocate
• Christina Arrendondo and Dr. Stacey Saunders Adams – Prevention Advocates
• Danielle Hurff – Peer Recovery Supporter Advocate
• Penny Dehner – Community Champion Award.
“The Paint Valley ADAMH Board congratulates all of this year’s award winners,” said Executive Director Melanie Swisher. “We also want to thank each and every frontline worker and everyone in our community who works so hard to offer hope and promote recovery. Our community is full of amazing people. The beauty of recovery can be found all around us if we are willing to look for it.”
The ADAMH Board also would like to thank our sponsors for their continued support:
• Adena Health
• Pike County Community Action
• The Recovery Council
• Scioto Paint Valley Mental Health Center
• Pickaway Area Recovery Services
• Ross County Community Action
• R.E.A.C.H For Tomorrow
• First Capital Recovery and Counseling.
• Integrated Services for Behavioral Health
• Hope Valley Recovery
• Chillicothe Treatment Services.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Central Ohio
• Hope Partnership Project
• Neil Coleman Insurance Services
• Ohio Health
• River’s Edge Orthodontics
• State Farm Dave Strickland
• Pike Christian Academy
• Pioneer Center
• Todd Harris Realty
• Walker Real Estate Advisors.
Friends of ADAMH
• BPOE #52 Elks
• Farm Credit Mid-America
• Jim & Melissa Garland
• Seif & McNamee, LLC
• Ware Funeral Home.
The Paint Valley ADAMH Board is a political subdivision of state government, created in 1967 by the Ohio legislature to ensure the availability of community-based addiction and mental health services for the residents of Fayette, Highland, Pickaway, Pike and Ross counties.