10 Highland County girls basketball players named to Coaches All-District team
Monday, March 6, 2017 12:04 PM
There were a total of 10 girls basketball players selected to the 2017 Coaches All-District (District 14) team for their play during the 2016-17 high school basketball season.
Lynchburg-Clay senior McKayla Binkley (HCP Photo/Stephen Forsha)
Of those 10 players, three were selected to Division III and IV first teams, while three were selected to second teams in Division II and III and four were named honorable in the three different divisions.
Selected to the first team in Division III were Lynchburg-Clay seniors Hannah and McKayla Binkley, as a total of five players were selected to the All-District first team in Division III. In Division IV, Fairfield junior Grace Shope was named to the first team by the coaches of District 14.
As for second-team selections, in Division II McClain senior Taylor Polley earned a selection, as did senior teammate Malea Montavon. Lynchburg-Clay sophomore Peyton Scott was selected to the second team in Division III.
Honorable mention selections included: Hillsboro junior Madi Marsh (Division II), McClain senior Beth Montgomery (Division II), Fairfield junior Blake Adams (Division IV) and Whiteoak senior Maggie Carr (Division IV).
Also named to the list were:
Div. I and II:
• First team: Jordin Blakeman, Circleville; Osh Brown, Chillicothe; Tanner Bryant, Miami Trace; Laken Smith, Waverly; Shawnee Smith, Chillicothe.
• Second team: Emily Coleman, Unioto; Jocie Fisher, Unioto; Victoria Fliehman, Miami Trace.
• Honorable mention: Morgan Bircher, Circleville; Abby Hatter, Logan Elm; Kami Knight, Waverly; Hanna Reisinger, Miami Trace; Shawntel Smith, Chillicothe; Carol Thiel, Unioto.
• Player of the year: Osh Brown, Chillicothe.
• Coaches of the year: Ben Ackley, Miami Trace; Pat Beard, Chillicothe.
• First team: Kara Blanton, Piketon; Allison Day, Eastern Brown; Ella Skeens, Southeastern.
• Second team: Avery Harper, North Adams; Ellie Ruby, Wheelersburg; Jessica Sowards, Peebles; Audrie Wheeler, Southeastern.
• Third team: Braiden Collins, Huntington; Hannah Conley, Valley; Mikayla Farris, Eastern Brown; Lakyn Hupp, North Adams; Abbie Kallner, Wheelersburg; Rikki Magill, Huntington; Alexa Pennington, Eastern Brown.
• Honorable mention: Morgan Aldridge, Zane Trace; Jaycee Baldwin, West Union; Bre Call, Valley; Kalle Coleman, Wheelersburg; Kelsey McDonald, Huntington; Kali Mitten, Southeastern; Semajah Parker, Portsmouth; Shae Patty, Northwest; Avery Reuter, Piketon; Morgan Reynolds, Eastern Brown; McKinlee Ryan, Peebles; Makayla White, Portsmouth West.
• Player of the year: Allison Day, Eastern Brown.
• Coach of the year: Kevin Pickerill, Eastern Brown.
• Assistant coach of the year: Doug Hice, Southeastern.
• First team: Ali Hamilton, New Boston; Ellie Jo Johnson, South Webster; Hagen Schaefer, Notre Dame; Cecilia Shanks, Western.
• Second team: Kaylynn Blizzard, Green; Shay Brown, Sciotoville; Lexi Smith, Notre Dame; Kaylee Stone, New Boston; Jensen Warnock, Clay.
• Third team: Skyler Artis, Clay; Katie Dettwiller, Notre Dame; Cassidy Fremont, Eastern Pike; Peyton Helphinstine, Sciotoville; Molly Hoover, Notre Dame.
• Honorable mention: Mariah Buckley, New Boston; Madison Cook, South Webster; Cameron Delotell, Clay; Olivia Hatfield, Eastern Pike; CJ Hobbs, Manchester; Bri Humble, Sciotoville; Taylor Schmidt, Notre Dame; Haley Whitt, Western.
• Players of the year: Ellie Jo Johnson, South Webster; Hagan Schaefer, Notre Dame.
• Coach of the year: JD McKenzie, Notre Dame.