10 Highland County boys basketball players named Coaches All-District 14
Wednesday, March 8, 2017 3:06 PM
A total of 10 Highland County boys basketball players were selected to the District 14 Coaches All-District team, including four players to the second team.
Lynchburg-Clay senior Joe Giordano (HCP Photo/Stephen Forsha)
Though the coaches didn’t select any Highland County players to the first team of their list, there were four players named second team, including McClain senior Jacob Starkey in Division II, Lynchburg-Clay senior Joe Giordano and LC junior Eric McLaughlin in Division III and Fairfield senior Jensen Daulton in Division IV.
In Division IV Fairfield senior Jesse Current was named to the third team, while honorable mention members were Hillsboro sophomore Ethan Watson (Div. II), McClain senior Mat Barton (Div. II), Lynchburg-Clay senior Brian Lampkin (DIv. III), Fairfield senior Klay Walker (Div. IV) and Whiteoak junior Trever Yeager (Div. IV).
The District 14 All-Star game will be held on Tuesday, March 28 at Eastern Pike High School. The girls game will begin at 6 p.m. and the boys game will follow, with awards presented in between games to honor boys/girls district winners.
The complete Coaches District 14 All-District selections included:
• First team: Seth Barnes, Chillicothe; Cade Marquez, Waverly; Branden Maughmer, Chillicothe; DeAndre Pettiford, Miami Trace; Blake Pittser, Miami Trace; Ridge Young, Logan Elm.
• Second team: Peyton Hill, Unioto; Brandon Kennedy, Unioto; Tyrae Pettiford, Miami Trace; Logan Swackhammer, Unioto.
• Honorable mention: Hunter Coffland, Chillicothe; Jordan Taylor, Circleville; Colin Clark, Logan Elm; Darby Tyree, Miami Trace; Gavin Ogan, Unioto; Kory Proby, Washington; Clayton Howell, Waverly.
• Player of the year: Ridge Young of Logan Elm.
• Coach of the year: Rob Pittser of Miami Trace.
• First team: Kaden Coleman, Wheelersburg; Casey Moore, Piketon; Trey Postage, Adena; Kendal Reynolds, Portsmouth; Dylan Swingle, Paint Valley.
• Second team: Matthew Gullett, Minford; Tanner Holden, Wheelersburg; Blake Rigdon, Eastern Brown.
• Third team: Isaac Beam, Zane Trace; Matt Jude, Westfall; Kyle Leslie, Northwest; Mike Malone, Portsmouth; Tre Patrick, Portsmouth West; DeAndre Viney, Huntington.
• Honorable mention: Daniel Bakenhaster, Adena; Andrew Brauner, Paint Valley; Patrick England, North Adams; Reese Johnson, Portsmouth; Cole Lowery, Wheelersburg; L.T. Maynard, Portsmouth West; Elijah McCloskey, Huntington; Brandon Noel, Valley; Austin Nunemaker, Westfall; Darby Pillow, Zane Trace; Garyn Purdy, Eastern Brown; Dillon Shepherd, Minford; Dustin Taylor, Northwest; Travis Veach, Piketon
• Player of the year: Dylan Swingle of Paint Valley.
• Coach of the year: Eugene Collins of Portsmouth.
• First team: Akia Brown, Sciotoville East; Camron Gordley, Peebles; Cameron King, Clay; Ethan Leist, Eastern; Trevon Turner, Notre Dame.
• Second team: Tanner Arey, Peebles; Tanner Perdue, Western; Cole Gilliland, Clay; Shane Zimmerman, South Webster.
• Third team: Alek Blevins, South Webster; Bryce Brewster, Western; Cade Conley, New Boston; Kaulen Cox, Manchester; Drew Lowe, Sciotoville East.
• Honorable mention: Shiloah Blevins, South Webster; Lane Brewster, Western; Kyle Flannery, Sciotoville East; Nate Hinze, Clay; Sam Kayser, Notre Dame; Kyle McQuithy, New Boston; Michael Miller, Eastern Pike; Ethan Parrett, Peebles; Colton Thornburg, Manchester.
• Co-Players of the year: Akia Brown of Sciotoville East and Cameron King of Portsmouth Clay.
• Coach of the year: Adam Betten of Portsmouth Clay.
• Assistant coach of the year: Richard Smalley of Peebles.