Great Oaks campuses hold open houses for parents and high school students
Monday, January 9, 2017 3:16 PM
Area parents and high school freshmen and sophomores will have the chance to get a first-hand look at more than 30 career majors available for high school juniors and seniors at the four Great Oaks Career Campuses during upcoming open houses.
Each of the campuses will have instructors and students on hand to talk with visitors and demonstrate the work being done in the career labs. Programs available include dental assisting, sports rehabilitation and therapy, construction, cosmetology, masonry, aviation maintenance, heating/ventilating and air conditioning, practical nursing, surgical technology, heavy equipment operations, commercial/residential electricity, robotics, animal science, equine (horse) studies and more. The high school career majors lead to certification in the chosen career field. About half of Great Oaks graduates also go directly to college.
Several new career majors will be offered beginning in fall 2017: college agriculture (for high school seniors) at Laurel Oaks; heavy equipment operations and engineering at Laurel Oaks; and web applications and game development at Diamond Oaks, Live Oaks and Scarlet Oaks.
Open houses will be held:
• Diamond Oaks Career Campus, 6375 Harrison Avenue, Cincinnati—Thursday, Jan. 26, 5-7 p.m.
• Laurel Oaks Career Campus, 300 Oak Drive, Wilmington—Thursday, Feb. 2, 5-7 p.m.
• Live Oaks Career Campus, 5956 Buckwheat Road, Milford—Monday, Jan. 30, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
• Scarlet Oaks Career Campus, 3254 E. Kemper Road, Sharonville—Thursday, Feb. 2, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Career programs are open to any high school junior living in one of 36 school districts in southwest Ohio. For more information, contact:
• Diamond Oaks: Laura Domet, 513.612.7006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Laurel Oaks: Bill Davis, 937.655.5407 or email@example.com.
• Live Oaks: Sarah Taylor, 513.612.4914 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Scarlet Oaks: Julie Beis, 513.612.5794 or email@example.com.